Renato Peñafiel

»  Mr. Renato Peñafiel is CEO of Grupo Security, a diversified financial services company, which controls several companies operating in banking, factoring asset management, stock brokerage, insurance (life, P&C & brokerage); and other financial services. He is a board member of Banco Security, Security Fund Management, Vida Security, and other affiliated companies of Grupo Security. Mr. Peñafiel is also an active board member of the Chilean Bank Association and COMBANC, an entity owned by local banks with the purpose of making high value transactions and clearing among local financial entities.

»  Mr. Peñafiel joined Banco Security Pacific in 1987, as it General Manager. In 1991, together with other local investors, he co-founded Grupo Security for the purpose of acquiring 60% of the Bank (the company acquired the remaining 40% in 1994). Since then, Mr Peñafiel has been participating actively in the development and diversification of Grupo Security.

»  During his career he has held senior positions as Director of Financial Policy of the Central Bank of Chile, international manager of Banco Sudamericano and other financial companies. Mr. Peñafiel has been Professor of Macroeconomics at the Economic Department of Catholic University of Chile, University of Chile and Finis Terrae University. He earned his Masters in Economics from the University of Chicago and his Bachelors in Business Administration from the Catholic University of Chile. Mr. Peñafiel is fluent in English and has Spanish as his native tongue.

»  Mr Peñafiel is married and has 5 children.